How to SkirmishTo learn more about skirmishes, see our Skirmish Guide.
The DemandNot everyone likes to skirmish. On established servers, this includes some max level players with plenty of gold. This can create a market for tradeable items that can be purchased with skirmish marks.
- Cosmetic Clothing, Cosmetic Items and Housing Items from the Cosmetics Barter Vendor can sell well, especially when no festivals are running. Check the auction house to assess demand before trading your marks in.
Major Class Items
- Major Class Items on the Curiosities Barter Vendor are used to complete the level 45 class quests. Some people buy these from the Auction House rather than running the instances or skirmishes themselves. Again, assess demand before trading your marks in.
The Legendary Item Grind
- Scrolls of Empowerment under "Accessories" on the Legendary Items Barter Vendor are in great demand. A player with a new level 65 second age will need as many as 10 of these to max out the legacy tiers, making these the gold standard of skirmish items.
- Compendiums of Middle-earth under "Special Ingredients" on the Crafting Barter Vendor are used for making crafted relics used on level 65 LIs. These can also be obtained by running daily repeatable quests, so be sure to assess the current demand (and competition) on your server
- Tier 3+ Relics under "Runics" on the Legendary Items Barter Vendor can sell quite well. The higher the tier, the more it should sell for. Again, check current prices on the AH before trading your marks in.