Empathy is one of the virtues you'll earn several ranks of just by completing a certain number of quests in specific zones. This makes it an easy to pick up while leveling, especially if your leveling plan includes those zones.
- Shadows of Angmar, the original game, offers 8 ranks solo. An additional rank is available from killing undead in Barad Gularan, a 6-man fellowship instance in Angmar.
- Hobbits can get another rank by slotting the Virtuous Hobbit racial trait, at least until you have something better to trait. Get this by buying Award of Hobbit Virtue at the Mathom House in Michel Delving (Friend standing with the Mathom Society required).
- If you own the Mines of Moria expansion, you can earn another 2 ranks solo and 2 ranks in group instances.
- If you own the Siege of Mirkwood expansion, you can kill wargs throughout the zone for one more rank.
Ten Easiest Ranks of EmpathyMost of your ranks of Empathy will come from Quest Completion deeds. Our list of the ten easiest ranks of Empathy includes 9 deeds awarding 10 ranks.
- Bree-land Adventurer
- Life of a Bounder (Advanced)
- Of Glories Long Past
- Peril of the Mountains (Advanced)
- Marching into Shadow (Final) - 2 ranks!
- Forochel Survivor
- Silent and Restless (Final)
- Exemplar of the Central Levels
- Warrior of the Shadows
Complete List of Empathy Deeds
|Deed||Ranks||Zone||Level||Objective||Group Size||Where to Hunt|
|Shadows of Angmar: 8 deeds/9 ranks + 1 race trait|
|Bree-land Adventurer||1||Bree-land||10||Complete 15 Quests||Solo|
|Life of a Bounder (Advanced)||1||The Shire||15||Complete 40 Quests||Solo|
|Of Glories Long Past||1||North Downs||25||Complete 15 Quests||Solo|
|Award of Hobbit Virtue||1||Hobbit Racial Trait||35||Friend with Mathom Society||Solo||Quest in The Shire, barter reputation items|
|Peril of the Mountains (Advanced)||1||Misty Mountains||42||Complete 20 Quests||Solo|
|Marching into Shadow (Final)||2||Angmar||45||Complete 30 Quests||Solo|
|Forochel Survivor||1||Forochel||45||Complete 20 Quests||Solo|
|Silent and Restless (Final)||1||Eregion||50||Complete 60 Quests||Solo|
|The Dead That Live (Advanced)||1||Barad Gularan||50||Kill 180 Dead||Fellowship||The Barad Gularan instance in Angmar|
|Mines of Moria: 4 deeds/4 ranks|
|Exemplar of the Central Levels||1||Moria Central Halls||54||Complete 60 Quests||Solo||Quest in The Great Delving, The Silvertine Lodes, Nud-Melek and Zelem-Melek (from Orc-watch)|
|Warrior of the Shadows||1||Moria Lower Deeps||56||Complete 40 Quests||Solo||Quest in The Water-works, Redhorn Lodes, Flaming Deeps and Foundations of Stone|
|Beasts of the Grand Stair (Advanced)||1||Grand Stairs||58||Kill 180 Wargs||Fellowship||The Grand Stair instance in Redhorn Lodes|
|Eyes of the Enemy (Advanced)||1||Fil Gashan||60||Kill 240 Orcs||Solo||The Fil Gashan instance in Flaming Deeps|
|Siege of Mirkwood: 1 deed/1 rank|
|Warg Slayer (Advanced)||1||Mirkwood||62||Kill 240 Wargs||Solo||Mirk-eaves, Dourstocks, Taur Morvith, Gathburz, Ashenglades|
- For Slayer deeds, the objective shown includes the number needed for both the regular and advanced deeds.