Guide to Non-Combat Pets for Lore-masters
The Book 11 patch introduced new pets for lore-masters - the lynx, and some on the more cuddly side. This is a guide to the non-combat pets introduced in this book.
- Must have completed Book 2 of the epic series
- Must be at least Level 24, preferably much higher
- Must have the passive skill/trait "Friend of the Wild," granted after completing a 3-part quest given by Radagast the Brown.
- New Title: "Friend of the Wild"
- New Passive Skill: "Friend of the Wild"
- New Skill: "Rabbit-Speech"
The tomes seem to be occasionally found as loot on Boss mobs, such as the Goblin-town, Barad Gularan, Helegrod and Carn Dum bosses, and so on. They also have a rare chance to drop from high-level humanoid mobs throughout the world. Some tomes can be bought from reputation vendors.
- Hare: Obtained by quest given by Radagast the Brown
- Sparrow: Reputation item from the Elves of Rivendell (requires Kindred standing)
- Turtle: Reputation item from the Mathom Society (requires Ally standing)
- Dog: World drop
- Cat: World drop
- Frog: World drop
- Fox: World Drop
- Snake: World drop
- Squirrel: World drop
Things you should know about your pet:
- You can rename your small pet by clicking on them and typing /pet rename [petnamehere] *or you can right click on the pet vitals(no actual vitals, just a box that indicates you are selected on the pet), and use the pet menu.
- Your non-combat pet will replace your regular combat pets if you have it out, so be sure to de-summon your non-combat pet before you plan to fight!
- You cannot have both non-combat and combat pets out at once.